The first part of the Kickstarter campaign has closed. In some ways, this was the most exciting part of the process, seeing tangible support for my “little” game. It’s also been a little tiring, as if I was attending a very subdued month-long game convention. Overall, it’s been a blast thanks to all of the backers.
Now to business. We raised a total of $11,668, which means that I will be producing a number of things for all 475 of you.
- PDF’s of the final version of the Game, both in “display” and “print” formats.
- Epub and Mobi versions
- Physical printed copies of the game, delivered to backers and chosen libraries/schools. d. Halfling Burrow Dice Bags
- Human Keep Die Bags
- Dragon’s Hoard Dice Bags
- Extra payments for my editors and artists (Partially complete)
- New cover art
- A Quickstart Bundle for each of the three settings
- The Digital Campfire MP3
- A Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (CC BY)
- An expanded, revised and potentially art-filled version of the “Spark in Fate Core” article of collaborative World Building.
That is a lot of stuff and I want to deliver as quickly as I can possibly manage without allowing the quality to suffer. It will apparently take about 2 weeks before all of the payments clear and before I am able to send the surveys out. At the end of the month, I will begin sending out the surveys to collect information, and I plan to prepare the final revision to the text so I can start the layout process at the beginning of May.